Advanced Editing Tools & Techniques
Hone your craft by learning the editing techniques and theories for film and modern streaming platforms!
Nov. 10 - Dec. 8, 2021
This course will immerse students in both the technical and theoretical aspects of editing footage for film and television. In this course, students will learn to utilize editing software through a series of exercises and projects that will give them first-hand experience with creating works using the industry's editing processes. Students will receive and incorporate feedback from the instructor to improve their editing skills and expand their ability to weave narrative through their editing workflow.
Students will learn how to edit a variety of genres and formats effectively and gain knowledge and practical step-by-step approaches to technical and creative challenges in editing.
- Desktop PC or Mac
- Adobe Premiere + minimum 1-month subscription
- Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) version 2004 or later
- Intel® 6th Gen or newer CPU – or AMD Ryzen™ 1000 Series or newer CPU
- 2 GB of GPU VRAM For a list of recommended graphic cards, see Recommended graphics cards for Adobe Premiere Pro.
- 8 GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (will not install on removable flash storage)
- Additional high-speed drive for media
- OR EQUIVALENT HARDWARE
Emmy-winning director and editor
About the Instructor
Bryan Yokomi is an Emmy-winning filmmaker with more than thirteen years of experience in editing, producing, and directing for the entertainment industry. Currently on staff at FOX Sports as an editor for NBA, NFL, MLB, and NCAA highlights, Bryan also has experience working on features, shorts, branded content, and documentaries. During his time as the lead editor of Cars.TV, the show won the Outstanding Lifestyle Program Emmy. He also worked on the show FOX on MLB: The Postseason, which won 2 Emmys. Bryan studied at Florida State University where he received a MFA in Film Production & BS in Communication with a Film Study Minor, graduating Magna Cum Laude. A highly skilled director & editor, Bryan also loves the art of collaboration within storytelling.